The Garden’s monthly series of seminars and workshops feature knowledgeable and entertaining speakers on a diverse range of topics. Our urban, subtropical, coastal location is conducive to discussions of Florida native plantings, tropical flowering trees, palms and cycads, water conservation and xeriscaping. We explore balcony and terrace gardening for our condo neighbors, and plants resistant to wind and salt for waterfront gardeners.
Seminars are free, workshops are paid. Advance registration is required and payment is due with registration. Non-members can take advantage of membership rates if they call the Garden to pay for a membership before they register for the workshop. No refunds will be given for missed workshops. Refunds will be given and classes may be canceled if minimum enrollment is not reached.
2013/14 Saturday Seminar Schedule
10 a.m. to Noon in the Butterfly Room
- Sept. 7-Veggie Gardening 101
- Oct. 12-Advanced Edibles
- Nov. 23-Going Bananas
- Jan. 11-Orchids
- Feb. 22-Hanging Basket Design
- Mar. 22-Bromeliads and Air Plants
- Apr. 26-Xeriscaping
- May 17-Salt, Wind and Heat Tolerant Plants
- June 7-The Sustainable Garden
2013/14 First Thursday Workshop Schedule
6 to 8 p.m. in the Banyan Room
- Sept. 5-Cook Like a Wok Star
- Oct. 3-Can it! Making preserves and jams
- Nov. 7-Herbal Cocktails
- Jan. 2-Teas and Tonics
- Feb. 6-Aromatherapy (Butterfly Room)
- Mar. 13-Herbs and Medicinal Plants (Note Special Date)
- Is it the people? Houses? Fields? The Weather?
- Is it the streets? Is it these things together?
- Nothing here ever changes, till it does.