The Miami Beach Botanical Garden
2000 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach FL 33139
Invites artists and arts organizations
to submit proposals for exhibits at the garden
Eligibility & Media Considered
The garden showcases original artwork by established and emerging artists in solo or group shows, including painting, photography, film, graphics, fiber art, sculpture, multi-media art and more. Art with an environmental theme or message is encouraged.
There are two indoor areas with metal rail brackets for hanging galleries, and space to display smaller 3-D elements. In addition to indoor exhibits, the garden presents outdoor installations of artwork in the landscape. For outdoor shows, all artwork must be designed with materials and craftsmanship for outdoor installation. Pieces must be durable and resistant to sun, rain and the elements.
- The artist(s) will be responsible for primary advertising and marketing the exhibit.
- The artist(s) will be responsible for the installation and disassembly of all pieces.
- The artist(s) will be responsible for the expense and coordination of any opening reception.
- The garden will provide oversight of the facilities during the exhibit.
- The garden will promote the art exhibits in their online newsletters and blog.
- The garden can supply floor lighting to illuminate the art pieces.
- The garden staff can accept purchases of artwork, but the staff will not be actively selling artwork.
- The garden kitchen and its refrigerator and oven are available for set-ups and receptions.
- The garden can supply tables, table cloths, table skirts, lighting, and sound equipment for any receptions.
Date and Time Availability
Exhibits displayed indoors are usually scheduled for four days, Monday through Thursday, with possible artist receptions on Tuesday or Wednesday evening. The room is rarely available on weekends and exhibits must be scheduled around other weekday events at the garden. Art displayed outside may be displayed for a longer time, provided it does not hinder or deter from other activities and events.
Any art sold during the exhibit will be commissioned at 15% / 85% to garden/artist.
Online Submission Guidelines – Please, no submissions by mail.
- Email photos and application to: email@example.com. Include words “Garden art proposal” in subject line.
- Include digital image or rendering of each art piece in JPG or similar format.
- Include artist’s first and last name, title of art piece, medium, size of artwork, and price.
- Include bio and artist statement, will may be used in promotional material.
When an exhibit is confirmed, a formal contract will be signed between artist(s) and the Miami Beach Botanical Garden.